Ted, Origin8 makes a "Pro Fit"  zero setback 26.8 silver seatpost. (365
Cycles sells them) I don't know about the quality of the hardware. I'm
mainly referring to the bolts and the length of the clamp itself as to how
long it holds the rails. Kalloy for example, sucks !  Nitto and Thomson
make them in 26.8 for more money but have proper clamps and stout bolts.
This will allow you to get your saddle positioned over the BB where you
need it. *This positioning comes first*, before any consideration of reach
to the bars.

By the way, the STA and HTA are anything but nearly identical ! The
difference between 71.5d and 73d in seat angle = appx. 18mm further back of
the seat tube at saddle height. The 72d and 71d HTA means the Appa bars
don't move back as much as they do with the shallower LHT. This is where
when comparing frames you must look at everything in relation with
everything else. I'm assuming these two frames :
https://bikeinsights.com/compare?geometries=646ed3ba6c60a90021cb6aa4,5f5e45837fbbda0017192063

You can input things here https://www.bikegeocalc.com/ if you really want
to see how things change. It's sorta geeky, but you catch on how it works.
It beats buying the wrong frame though.

I've edited this so much my heads spinning so forgive me if it's a bit
scattered !