Jay: If you live in a paradise without goatheads and ride more-or-less road
tires (up to, say, 42 mm) on pavement, then based on my experience I'd say
give tubeless and sealant a miss. Sealant is messy, adds cost, adds weight,
clogs valves, and -- tho' this happens only when you get punctures --
sprays your fenders or frame with stuff that dries and requires either much
work or acetone to remove.

Even with sealants, though, sometimes tubes are fine: 28 mm/55 psi Elk
Passes and 42 mm/35 psi Naches Passes work very, very well with OS regular
formula against goatheads.

Tubeless: IMO, the value is with 50 mm + tires at =/< 25 psi. Much of the
weight penalty is removed by leaving off the 200 or 250 gram tube. OTOH,
you need plugs for the very rare bigger holes that the sealant alone won't
seal.