A few weeks ago my wife bought a SoulCycle bike. Although I made fun of it
and said it wasn't “real biking,” I ended up really liking it. I
immediately started riding it everyday. Unfortunately, I didn’t know my own
limits. I was doing a class and another in the evening. Now, my knees
really hurt and I can barely walk.

I suspect my mistake might have been that I turned up the resistance too
much - and I was going at two low of RPMs. Another possibility is that the
bike fit is off - that the saddle is too low or forward. I was riding in
those 5.10 bike sneakers, just on top of the pedals, not even clipless
pedals, so that wasn’t it.

Does anyone have any advice for me or know anyone who is an expert in bike
fittings? I called one local bike shop and they quoted me $200 for a
professional fit but I'm not sure that's what I need. I really could use
some help. I just turned 40 years old so I guess this is a wakeup call that
I need to take better care of myself. I am in New York City.

Thank you,

Michael