Lots of good advice here. On the head space front, I have a couple positive
thoughts that I keep bouncing around - cycle commutes are the only time I
get paid to ride my bike. The $$ saved over other commuting modes means
cycling isn't just an expensive hobby. I also consider the exercise of my
9mi commute with 430' of climbing to be the easiest way to find time in my
day to get the heart pumping. I mean, I'd have to spend time commuting
anyways.

I've landed on tubes instead of sealant for the lack of hassle of
maintaining tire pressure and drying sealant. I pump up 1x per week to keep
my 29/30 psi. On carrying stuff in, my strategy is to leave a pair of shoes
& towel at the office to lighten the load. I have the equivalent of one
pannier worth of stuff to bring, so use a porteur rack & bag to keep it all
centred. Fenders and 650x48 slicks stay on year-round to manage lousy
pavement while enjoying the ride.

Lastly, commuting is great way to make sure you bike is ready for the
longer weekend rides. You can fine-tune fit and ensure everything is
working before you headed to the riverside camp spot.

Hope this helps.