Hey Brady,

You live in a beautiful area!  I've only been there in the winter to the
ski resorts but imagine that it is amazing cycling there.

I don't know if your local club has 300k + 300k or something like that,
then you could practice the sleep thing.  The way I approached the 600k is
to ride 400k + 200k, so my practice was getting the 400k to a reasonable
time where I could grab a few hours before starting the 200k after rest.
I've done a few 600k events, but never a 1200k.  It won't be this year, but
I'm targeting the next Gold Rush Randonee in a couple of years.

Have fun,
Toshi in Oakland