Andy, Enjoy The Ride !!! You're about to experience one of the greatest
cities in the world by pedaling it !!! Forget all the blather about this
tire and that chainring and just be a kid again, on a bike, with lots of
other bikes, and enjoy it. Go. Out. For. A. Ride. ("Mom? I'm goin' out on
my bike.") Maybe even put a baseball card in your spokes to make some
noise. Maybe some streamers too?

I have ridden it many, many times, going way back when it was orange vests
from AYH, the ride's founder and sole sponsor (until some bank had to get
involved). ("AYH" = American Youth Hostels,  a great bike store in its own
right, and a go-to outdoor outfitter. R.I.P. AYH.) You'll be on roads that
normally won't allow you to enjoy the views you'll now be Inside Of! The
only time you can stop On Top Of The Verrazano Narrows Bridge is if a car
accident has stopped traffic, so how lucky are you that the span has been
closed Just For You?!

It's a *ride*, Andy. There'll be skinny tire flyers there and also bikes
that have last seen daylight during the Truman Administration. But you,
Andy, you'll be exactly what you are, a tourist, a Cycling Tourist, with a
familiar bike under you and thousands of fellow pedalers surrounding you,
so sit back, find a cadence that allows you to see it all, and Enjoy The
Ride, kid.

(And if you need a baseball card and a clothespin, lemme know. Alas...I'm
all out of streamers.)

(And do your homework. If you spend a week in da Big Apple and don't eat
pizza at least 5 times, you've missed out.)