I was going to speak along similar lines, perhaps not as forthrightly. But
I found angle more critical on Brookses for some reason than on any other
saddle, including other leather makes.

After trying several B 17s, a B 17N, a Champion Flyer, and a Pro, the one
Brooks that I found comfortable *(very* comfortable except for tilt
adjustment) was the Pro -- the others chafed or pressed or obtruded. I
positioned the Pro tilted slightly up on a bike with drop bar below saddle.
But I could never get the tilt just right, and I had a rather nice seatpost
with separate angle adjustment bolt that allowed stepless adjustment. With
the slippery surface I was either sliding forward onto the bar or feeling
pressure, and after I had commuted on it for 18 or 24 months or so I went
back to original issue Flites which I now have on all my bikes.

I almost never ride in padded shorts and the lined shorts I occasionally
use have very thin chamoises or (1 pair) a very thin synthetic layer just
to prevent seam chafing -- I *hate* thick pads.