Thanks for all the wisdom.  And the humour (Eric).

I installed the saddle and tinkered with initial set up in my basement.
 Proceeded to go out for ride one, around the block.  These very short
rides tell me if I'm way off.  I was.  Made adjustments about five more
times, going around my block once or twice each time.  Felt better, but
never comfortable.  Went out for a 10k ride.  Stopped twice to adjust.  I
had the saddle level in the back, which puts the nose up (as you know).
 That had me neither sliding forward or backward, but it wasn't
comfortable.  I felt like the tilt was right (no slide), height was good
(decent extension at bottom of stroke), and I'm guessing fore/aft was
good...no leg pain. Hard to say what was uncomfortable; I felt the skirt of
the saddle, and general discomfort around the sit bones (not the sit bone
pin-point area itself).

When I ride my Prologo (147mm wide) I am very comfortable for 1-2 hours,
then it slowly becomes uncomfortable (friction/chafing).  The Prologo was
comfortable from ride one (after the small adjustments per my routine).  On
my Fargo, where I'm riding it like a drop-bar mountain bike on 'green'
trails in my area, I stand a lot, and I can ride long without discomfort.
 Long road rides, however, not so good.  Same saddle on my road bike, bit
better at the 2-3hr mark.

Not sure where to go from here!  I don't think I'll bring the saddle for
the Roadini fitting, but I won't get rid of it.  We'll see how this unfolds
:-)