Eric, for what it’s worth I owned & loved a Jones 29, the standard Jones bike that evolved into the SWB. Jones had introduced the LWB & I think decided to call there existing model the SWB. The Jones 29 was never called a “plus” bike but it comfortably fit a 29” x 3” tire up front and a 29” x 2.6” rear. The front could actually handle a full 26” x 4” fat tire as I recall. My bike was the Diamond frame with Unicrown fork, not the space frame or truss fork. It was a great all around bike. Fantastic rigid MTB & capable bikepacking rig. I actually had a second set of wheels with 2.25” smooth tires for commuting. I admit to being very curious about the LWB but started to have difficulty throwing a leg over the bike due to back issues. Thus led me down the road of being interested in a Clem Smith Jr. “L”. And the rest, including the Jones, is history.
Sent from my iPhone