I would recommend some lighter, and more importantly, far more aero
wheels. In this day and age, such wheels, with, for example, 24 spokes
front and rear, are totally bomber if you buy from a reputable brand.
I have ridden piles of miles on such wheels in the dirt, without a
hitch. Cyclocross racers and lots of other heavy users rides wheels
like these all the time. (For that matter, I was riding 24 spokes,
front and rear, way back in 1985 and raced RAAM in 1987 with 20 spokes
front and 24 spokes rear. I have never broken a spoke in any of these
wheels and get out a spoke wrench maybe once a year. I weigh 172 and
am six foot.) The wheels made today have really optimized the weigh /
aeroness factor the max. Truly, except for maybe 100-milers on dirt,
or people who weight 250+ pounds, or fully loaded touring, the case
for 32 spoke wheels doesn't exist anymore.  Here's a good example of
what I'd suggest, and they're only $300:

http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=355378

You can see something similar on my Roadeo here:

http://www.xo-1.org/2010/03/rough-riding-in-snow-mount-laguna.html

You put those 24 spoke Ritchey wheels on your Sam Hillborne with some
high-performance tyres and you are going to be shocked at the
difference, in a very good way. Of course, I still believe in keeping
wheels like these just for special occasions, events, epics, etc. I
say that not because the wheels can't handle year-round use - they can
- but because you'll appreciate them more if you don't use them all
the time. (It's kind of like baseball batters swinging with two bats
while warming up.) Train / ride / commute on heavy-duty 32 hole
wheels, then use these special wheels when it's appropriate. (It bugs
the crap out of me that modern road bikes are sold with full-blown
"racing wheels" as the OEM wheel.)

- Chris Kostman
La Jolla, CA
http://www.XO-1.org