"they don’t say to pump it up slowly"

Maybe your box reads differently than mine.  I will quote from the second
sentence on Step 6:

"Rapid airflow seats the tire abruptly, overstretching the tube until it
can rip"

That is the sentence I paraphrased as "don't pump it up fast, pump it up
slowly".

That's not germane here, because you used a floor pump.  I used a floor
pump, too.  Sounds like you've got a pair of bum tubes.

BL in EC