I wear these unpadded "sun gloves" from Glacier Outdoor Bill. The palm side
is synthetic leather(like clarino), the back lycra, with a full lycra cuff.
They've added more colors this year. Boring they are not !  Made for
fishing, handling slippery things, they grip just fine dry or wet.

https://glacieroutdoor.com/search?q=Ascension+Bay+Sun+Glove+&options%5Bprefix%5D=last