Hi Bob. That's a nice moment. My neighborhood has gotten quite young
and trendy over the last stretch of years. I think the fixed gear
thing got a lot of people out riding in my neighborhood, but now I'm
seeing a shift amongst the 20-to-30 year-old set. I see more and more
bikes being ridden around shod in fenders, baskets, and shellacked
bars. Nitto is highly prized, as are Brooks saddles, lugs, racks, and
nice bags. It's a real neat thing to see. People will chat you up,
knowledgeably too, about your cool, classy bike. Here's a common
weekend sight: http://tinyurl.com/26sy744

When the Mission punk-rock-oriented Pedal Revolution shop is selling
Brooks, Nitto racks, and Rambouillets, you know something has
changed! :) Also, Box Dog Bikes has probably heavily influenced the
younger masses around here, as well. That's a fine shop with classic
sensibilities that brings together both the track-side and BOBish-side
of the bike world into one small storefront.

I've only been riding my Quickbeam for a week now, but I've had six
people ask me who makes it :)

Best,
Lee