I'd love to ride one of these to get an idea what they are like.

By the numbers, it's within mm of my two touring bikes, a Cannondale T
series and a Gordon BLT. The main difference is the slack seat tube angle,
which basically just moves the saddle backwards 18 mm vs 73 degrees, by my
math. But in terms of head tube angle, fork offset, chainstay length, top
tube length -- you name it, it's within 5 or so mm. BB drop is 80 for the
57 cm size, vs. 70 for my bicycles.

Out of curiosity, I'd appreciate it if someone would post the weight and
size of their frame when they get it. Not that it'll tell me how it rides,
but oversize, heat treated steel -- and a frame that is meant for
"moderate" loads, I'd expect it to be fairly light.

My BLT is incredibly stiff, since it's built for loaded and off-road
touring. The frame -- without fork -- weighs 3,700 g in the 52 cm size.
Which is very similar to the 23"(58.4 cm) Cannondale in terms of effective
seat and top tubes, as well as the 57 cm Sam. It's a great touring bike but
I wouldn't call it lively when ridden empty.

I have a 1981 Motobécane Grand Touring that IS lively, tubing is standard
size, and it weighs 2,370 g bare, with the headset cups installed and
nothing else. It feels much lighter on the road. It's a pleasure to ride
unloaded, and I don't think it would make a great loaded tourer. Despite
the name.

I'd love to hear informed opinions on the Sam. Does anybody use one on
brevets?
One of these days, I'll have to get a Rivendell frame. It'l probably be a
Roadini/Roadeo, but the Sam has always intrigued me.

cheers -mathias