in my experience, Marin is generally very hilly or very heavy traffic. If
you’re coming from Sac I would recommend going to Marines instead and
riding into the trails above Rankin Park. There’s a steep climb to start
but then it gets excellent. It’s a huge network of fire roads that are part
of the Bay Trail, among others.
-Wes (also in Sac)