You could always take your bike(s) down to the local Amrak station and ask
if you can go onoard a train while it's stopped to see if the  given bike
will fit. Even if you have to buy a ticket to enter, check the fit, and
leave before it departs, it's not like it's expensive !  I have no idea how
long it's stopped for, so do check beforehand !