I ought also to add that I am repeatedly surprised (after riding, say, Jack
Browns and even the Liteskin version of the Big Apples) how shock absorbing
23 mm Conti Grands Prix and 22 mm Speclialized Turbos are (the 190 gram one,
very light and supple), and, note, these on small 26" wheels which are
inherently rougher. Sure, 6" expansion gaps jar one, but rough pavement?
Smooth! As good, I swear, as 559X32 Paselas. Perhaps I underinflate (90/100,
I'm 170) or overinflate the others ...?