Regarding (3): I mounted the VO 48 mm aluminum fenders on a 60 cm
Hillborne (700C) and had no problems. Width-wise they are a perfect
fit. I am currently running 35.5 mm wide tires and could safely go to
40 without any clearance issues, maybe even wider. I just used the
supplied hardware to mount them and space the fender away from the
kickstand mount with a few washers to give nice even spacing in the
back. Prior to installing the front you will want to indent the fender
where it mount under teh fork with daruma or whatever it's called. I
used a large socket from a socket wrench the same size as the daruma
washer and wacked it a few times with a hammer to start, then when you
tighten it with the bolt it continues to deform nicely and give  a
good tight fit.

Regarding (4) I used the BB that was provided with a Sugino XD2.

Mike
Bellbrook, OH