Fenders:

I have the Berthoud/SKS (B/S) chromoplast fenders on my 700C Sam in
42mm, with Jack Browns:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25150...@n08/4424231067/

I used drilled out sections from a teakwood dowel for spacers; works
great:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25150...@n08/4424231777/ (and following
pics for more details)

Like normal SKSs, the B/Ss have an L-bracket for the fork crown, and
the fender L-bracket fit right onto the mounting bolt of my Nitto Mini
Front rack. The front extension of the front fender is longer than a
regular SKS, and really benefits from being attached to the Mini Front
(w/ a spacer):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25150...@n08/4424998004/

At the brake bridge, the B/Ss need to be drilled (I think?) and bolt
on to the bridge with a single bolt through the fender (much cleaner
than the sliding bracket; install fender at kickstand plate, install
fender stays, then mark location of hole to be drilled at brake
bridge, remove fender, tap marked spot with hammer and nail [to
prevent drill bit from wandering], drill, replace fender).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25150...@n08/4424233671/

50mm fenders will definitely fit, 60s only if they are actually more
narrow, or are modified. Here are the clearances I measured on my 56cm
Sam (roughly at the point where fat fenders would sit):
Fork crown: 50mm
Chain stays: 52mm
Seat stays: 63mm

I like the Berthoud/SKS, and will either buy them in 50mm for my Sam
or my monstercross, or perhaps the zeppelin 52s from VO. The B/S 42s
are perfect for Jack Browns or Pasela 35s, but I want to be able to
run knobby 42mm tires as well under fenders. My assumption is that the
Berthoud/SKS 50s can take slightly wider tires than the VO 52s because
the VOs have a rolled edge, but the plain SKSs can probably take even
wider (or taller) tires than the Berthoud/SKSs, because the Berthoud/
SKSs have bolts protruding into the underside of the fenders. If
anyone has actual experience with the B/S 50s and the VO 52s, please
let me know. It's possible that the VO 52 won't fit in the Sam fork w/
o modification, if the fender is true to size. Anyone try them on a
Sam?

BB: I am using the BB supplied by Rivendell. Works great with a Sugino
XD-2. No idea what the actual width is.

Cheers,

Gernot