Well, now I know how Louis Vuitton feels (I've always been curious). I've
been know to have brain farts (and grain farts), but I'm thinking what lugs
are those? They aren't ours. We did use Henry James crowns for about 20
frames for a while there, till we got our own. The dropouts are raised in
back but not in front, and that wasn't a WF style back then. The fork rake
looks a bit better than the early WF-builts (nowhere close to post-'97). The
seller may not know how to measure a chainstay, so I can't go by the 42cm
listing (I think the shortest ever was 42.5). But mainly, the lugs.

It seems odd to me. too, that JB would paint one that-a-way. Once somebody
owns it, it's their deal, and we don't  hold JB to any style (he knows what
I like, but a guy's got a right to make a living). I called him now, line's
busy, I'll try again.

The serial number would tell the story. The seller de-listed it, I think. If
it's a Riv underneath that "pump instead of seat tube" paint job, then fine
etc., but at this point I'm still guessing it's not.

Grant
Rivendell Bicycle Works
www.rivbike.com
925 933 7304