Wondering if anybody else has had this problem with the "daruma" fork crown
bolt that comes with some Honjo fenders.

Basically, the daruma includes a rubber washer that seals against the bottom of
the fork crown; a metal fender washer sits between the rubber washer and the
fender.  After I installed the fenders and got in some miles in the rain, I
noticed that the rubber washer was sealing the bottom of the fork crown and
preventing water that got in there from draining out.  In fact, the water was
migrating upward (the only way it could go, really) and escaping around the
stem.

I checked with Velo Orange, who sold me the fenders, and they said they hadn't
heard of this problem before, but that it could perhaps be remedied by drilling
a hole through the washers.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?  I'm
concerned about water being trapped inside the steerer (I drained everything by
disassembling the fender mount, but that's a pain to do on a regular basis).

Thanks in advance.

--Eric

Sent from my iPad