I use the catfood can style home made alcohol stove.  It's a little
easier to make than the soda can style, I think.  It works great.  I
always hated the smell of the white gas I used in my MSR
Whisperlight.  And a friend had the hose on his MSR spring a leak
while cooking.  The white gas spraying everywhere didn't catch fire,
but the whole situation made for a few seconds of terror.