On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Dave Craig <dcr...@prescott.edu> wrote:

> Carrying fuel in the stove. There's a couple of points to mention.
> First, I always carry fuel in my stove - no problem and no leaks. So
> do my students. Regardless of what a Trangia employee might have
> emailed, the stove lid has an o-ring expressly because the stove was
> designed to carry alcohol in it.  Inexplicably, SOME Trangia burners
> DO leak and others do not.

I guess I have one that leaks, then. :(  I emailed Trangia precisely
because I wanted to understand why my Trangia, with a brand new
O-ring, still leaked. Instead of saying what I wanted him to say-- Oh,
your burner is defective, we'll replace it-- he said don't carry fuel
in the stove. Great.

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels