William:

It's not about the length of the ride, but the depth of the
adventure.  Taking young children on this trip is fantastic.  They
must have had a blast & that's what it's all about.  Congrats on
getting the weather to cooperate!  Now when they want to start picking
out their own gear, you know they're hooked on touring.  Good for you.

dougP