I am doing nealy the same thing!

I had a custom built last year that functions as my "Atlantis" set up
with 26" x 1.75" tires, Albatross bars with Silver bar ends, fenders,
lights and baggage.  This one functions as my daily ride, commuter,
light tourer and all-day, long-ride bike.

I then ordered a Hunqapillar which will be setup with 26 x 2.3" Big
Apples, thumb shifters and Nitto Bullmoose.  This will be my light
trail bike and cruiser.  When needed, I'll swap the handlebars and
make it my loaded tourer.

After ten years of riding as an adult and trying many different bikes,
I finally realized that I will be happy with two similar frames with
completely different setups.  I looked so long for frames that fit me
well and were comfortable.  So, don't be afraid to stay with what
works even it if is a bit redundant.  Yes, one Atlantis could do all
of those things, but you'll spend your Friday nights swapping
handlebars, racks and pedals. :)

Ginz