Good ol' Pineapple Bob. I could get aero on M bars too, but set low
and forward, not high and rearward. But they hurt my hands no matter
how placed -- tried them half a dozen times over the years on and off
road. Like the concept but don't like the feel, alas.

I used to use North Road type bars, but flipped and angled; also aero
but, again, hurt my hands.

You can get aero on just about any bar; even one the bar of a Flying
Pigeon with stem and bar cast in one piece and no extension (rod
brakes)  and short tt, but you will be in a rather awkard position on
this last wrt weight distribution, and *certainly* hunched over! (I
rode a Hero for several years as a boy.)

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Bruce <fullylug...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I ride M-bars like this guy, maybe I lean a little further forward:
> http://sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/images/xo1-rba-8-91.jpg
> I can just about lay flat on them when descending and find it a surprisingly
> aero position, as well as one that lets me rest. The M bars are on the bike
> I use the most for hill training rides.
> Bruce

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM