I actually would rather have albatross, flat bar/bar end combo or a
mustache than drop bars.  I don't like using brifters and find most
drop bars too skinny, plus I don't like to ride in the drops so the
bars aren't for me.  The wider the better for me.

I can't say I have ever wanted drop bars and not had them.