Update...

26.6 seatpost fits too lose. After tightening and testing, it rotated.
Further tightening just broke the bolt. There is a lot of play, but
the 27.2 will definitely not go in and trying to rotate it to see if
it slides down only accomplishes to peel the aluminum off the
seatpost. Is it a 27.0 that is needed then? A shim?

Darn... will have to wait until morning to call Keven...