Well I guess I did learn something today. The word fop means “term for
a foolish man over-concerned with his appearance and clothes”

In the context that the BS uses it seems inappropriate since the Riv
way is to wear everyday clothes for cycling and not some lycra based
billboard.

or perhaps he is referring to the bicycle itself. I would think he
would have added a suffix to address it as a "foppish" chariot.  I
still cannot believe people read his blog which makes fun of other
people for sport.

Thinking about it, his columns do have sort of a "Foppish”
perspective.

~Mike~