To defend the folks at Riv (though they don't need it).  This summer,
was able to purchase, through sheer luck, a "test" NS Country Bag in
the first gen tweed. (Thanks Spenser for finding it).   Happen to love
it, and will resides foreverandever on the Hillborne.  But due to a
couple of "quirks", aspects of the bag might be unacceptable to many
out there.  Basically the dowel is visible and the bag saggins without
being a Baggins.

Bother me - not a whit.  But many other intelligent folks would
probably not accept it.

That's the type of stuff that's probably at the garage sale. And it
would be a hassle selling and possibly accepting returns on this
stuff.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN