Yesterday, as my train towards home was approaching my stop, I stepped
into the vestibule and put down my bag while I fumbled around in my
pockets for my bike lock keys. Just in front of me was a woman who
might've been 65 or might've been 80; she was very nicely dressed and
superficially was in good physical shape. She stood erect, did not
seem strained by the train's rocking back and forth, and was slim and
relatively tall. I had just begun to think that if I were to make it
to her age and be able to enjoy it as much as she likely was, it would
be because I would have been cycling for the past 20-30 years. I often
see "well-kept" older (70+) people riding the Prairie Path. More of
them are women than men.

Just as I started to wonder if she cycled, the train arrived at my
stop, She turned, looked at me and said "Do you *ride* a Rivendell?".
The emphasis on "ride" was hers.

That was a first. A little wide-eyed at the question, I said "I do!".

Just then, as I leaned over to pick up my bag to leave the train, I
realized something. I began to say "Did you..." as she began to say
"I...". And then we said in unison "...recognize the bag". It was a
SaddleSack Medium.

She smiled and nodded. She would've looked perfect on a Glorius.

I picked up the bag, stepped off the train, walked to my Hillborne and
rode home.

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean