To get back to this idea - guess it depends on the tire and use.  I
got rid of a pair of tires after 50 miles, one flat and one other
serious cut in the casing.

Otherwise, generally run tires until I start getting flats or I feel
it's time to change.  Like not wanting to commute in the dark and
worry about a tire change.  Am definitely more of a tire swapper than
I used to be.  Back in the 1980's would put tires on and leave them
until (a) they rotted off or (b) something "better" came along.
Swapped IRC Racer X1 tires out for Specialized Ground Control.

The rear tire on my Fargo went belly up at about 1,100 miles.  The
tires on my Sam Hillborne have worked for almost two years and close
to 2,500 miles.  Even then, though, I might swap for a different
"feel".

My neighbor says the garage looks like "an old bike shop" with all the
tires hanging from hooks from the rafters.  Along with a few extra
wheels.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN