I completely agree.... I should be taller. 6ft 1.25inches would be
perfect. And I should weigh about 195 after each of my four daily
meals.

I find that riding a too-small bike is just not as pleasant as riding
a right-sized bike. And I think the RBW notions of "right-sized" work
perfectly. I'll happily spend your money for you... go custom.

Now, concerning the top tubes....

Strength-wise.... my pure speculation as a pure layman is that for the
sizes where RBW is using double top tubes, there's substantial
strength increase with the diaga-tube versus the 'llel-a-tube. And
that increase is probably in the ballpark with the increase of a 'llel-
a-tube over a single top tube frame. For the diaga-tube, look how
small those triangles are! If it's just marketing, well... it's worked
on me. For the 'llel-a-tube... well, adding extra material itself has
to help. And it does make the main triangle smaller. But having that
long hallway above suggests it's not the most strength-efficient
design. That long rectangle allows a lot of leverage for deformation.
Of course, the real question is: Do the strength-enhancement
differences between one tube vs. 'llel-a-tube vs. diaga-tube matter in
a given application: rider height (i.e. frame size), weight, and
usage... 200#, 10mph flat paved roads? 275#, 20mph boulder-hopping in
sink-hole land? Well, I've made my bet: I've bet that a well-loved
'llel-a-tube'd 60cm Hillborne will last indefinitely with a 260# load
daily on not-great roads and decent trails, 5000 miles/year. The first
four months have been perfect! I'll let you know in a few years how
that's going.

Aesthetics-wise... come on! Diaga-tubes just look wacky! :) Okay,
they're not that bad. But they do not look great. They're visually
confusing, even if you can eek out a symmetry knowing that they simply
flipped the middle head-lug. Hate to say it, because it really isn't
that bad.... but they put me in mind of the Pontiac Aztek. I'm just
sayin'. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying one, of course. My
appreciation of its strength, whether or not it made a practical
difference for me, easily overwhelms the aesthetics. And it's a bike
that says 'I don't care if *you* like it; I do!" to those who note its
looks. Non-violent assertions of independence have intrinsic value.
And of course, if the diaga-tube'd bike fit but the 'llel-a-tube
almost fit... I'd definitely go diaga. But.... I have literally had
compliments yelled at me half-a-dozen times by men and women who see
my 'llel-a-tubed Hillborne. I have also been stopped by people who
simply wanted to tell me they liked my bike and to chat about it.
Where did you get it? What's the second tube for? I love the paint!
Comments came from non-clubby bike folks *and* from mainstream I-don't-
live-for-bikes people. It is a stunningly attractive object. I
wouldn't expect such mainstream ad hoc looks love for a Diaga-pillar
or Bomba-diag.

Oh, and if you do go custom... get a two-tubed Atlantis-y thing
instead of a Hunqa-y thing... Based on my Hillborne experiences,
having *level* 'llel-a-tubes will probably get women's phone numbers
thrown at you. Smokin'! Umm....perhaps you shouldn't mention that to
your wife... :)

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean
P. S.
Yes, I have now planted my feet decidedly on the 'llel-a-tube side of
the line. Let's not get all Butter Battle Book over it, please. But
snarky barbs a la Wilde or Clemens or Churchill... I love those!