I would imagine that, given the universe of eBay buyers, the sale of a
now defunct Rivendell bag made by Duluth or Frost River (the Rivendell
Boxy bag and the "Little Joe" saddlebag that were sold recently were
of this vintage) doesn't necessarily mean that the demand for these
bag would justify their return to the Rivendell bag line.  Personally,
I think that some of the current Rivendell bags are better designs
than the earlier models.  The present SackVille BarSack, for example,
is definitely (IMO) a better designed bag than the earlier Boxy Bag
that was made by Duluth or Frost River.  I owned the earlier model
(and subsequently sold it on eBay), and I never really liked the
method of closure of the bag's top.

In addition, for Rivendell to establish another bag supplier to re-do
the older bags doesn't really sound very practical.  From a business
perspective, and the ability to maintain a stock of the bags that they
sell, too many suppliers would just be a headache for the Rivendell
operations.  I do think that the availability of the current Rivendell
bags in additional colors (especially an olive green or khaki) would
be a nice idea.

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ