+1
They're GREAT! Don't forget Co-Motion along w/ Burley and Santana.
Hard to find models that take fat 700c tires as we tend to like, so you
might want to look at 26" if you're planning on riding trails with it (which
is AWESOME BTW!).

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Seth Vidal <skvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:26 AM, manueljohnacosta
> <manueljohnaco...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I leave it to the wisdom of the group. My girlfriend and I just
> > recently test rode a tandem. We had a great time and found that riding
> > a tandem works for both of our different riding styles. Wondering if
> > any had any suggestions on tandem bikes we could take a look at?
>
> Manny,
>  Look on craigslist. In your area there are likely lots of good, used
> tandems.
>
> Brands to look for:
> - burley
> - santana
>
> you'll see lots of those.
> Used tandems are significantly cheaper than new. Figure 75% off of new
> retail price.
>
> And yes - tandems let riders of disparate speed and cadences stay
> together and enjoy places together.
>
> They are great bikes and I think under-appreciated.
>  We have a burley paso-doble and have been riding tandem for about
> 4yrs now. We love it.
>
> Sadly, riv does not, yet, make a tandem. You're very close to where
> rbwhq is, though, go harass Grant to make one, please.
>
> good luck, finding one - if there are any questions I can help with,
> feel free to email me.
>
> -sv

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS