I've been lucky, commuting as I did on a custom Riv. In my last 3
office jobs (I've been working at home for the last 2 1/2 years) I
had, at least, inside-office parking and, at the earlier two, I even
had a little closet built for me with room to hang sweaty bike
clothes. In one job they gave me an entire empty office to spread my
stuff around in.

Of course, parking in an office has its drawbacks: you have to move
out extra furniture, as a second chair for clients, to make sure that
your bike has ample elbow room; and I was obliged to thumb-tack a
piece of cardboard to the wall where my bar rested against it, to
protect it against abrasion (the bar, not the wall). I also laid down
a piece of cardboard for those times when I did maintenance work in
the office -- to keep the chain off the dirty rug.

(Boss: "Patrick: Come here! I need you!" Me: "Dammit! Just wait! Can't
you see I'm cleaning my chain?" Sotto voce: "People! No
consideration!")

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact