No front racks on my bikes (except for a touring lowrider for the
Fargo) -- mine are happier with rear loads.

Half kidding about the Walds; I can easily see how convenient a big
front basket would be -- have used a Wald Newsbory myself at least
briefly, tho' I didn't like what it did to the handling. But Rivs are
so beautiful and Walds, however useful, are, shall we say, not
jewel-like.

I carried almost 40 lb in rear panniers this afternoon on the Fargo ...

But no damn' zip ties on anything but a beater! That is non-negotiable!