You could try a screw extractor (available at most any hardware
store).  If you're not familiar with these, here's a basic explanation
- http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Screw-Extractor

They are pretty easy to use, and all you need (in addition to the
extractor) is a drill and some small bits.

hope this helps,
-Jay