How much of the bolt is sticking out?  Enough to grab with a
ViseGrip?  If so, I'd try that first.  Make sure to grab it REALLY
tight or it will just slip and make things worse.

If it's flush with the post, an Easy Out screw extractor might be your
first option.

A good LBS or frame builder might be preferable to a machine shop,
they will be a little more sensitive to not messing up the post or the
frame.

Once the bolt is out, be sure to have the post threads chased with a
bottom tap to clean upwhatever hung up the bolt in the first place!

Bill