The last I will have to say...

This is absolutely FUD. Started with Fear -- you could knock your
teeth out; now it's Uncertainty -- unknown manipulation (um, filing
off an 1/8 inch isn't unknown), unknown party, unknown quality of said
manipulation (geez, they faced a chunk of aluminum, not re-engineered
the crown on a carbon fork -- the quality will be self-evident under
visual inspection).

As for stating your opinion -- sure, it's the internet everybody gets
to. But when your opinion consists of appeals to FUD, that's
ridiculous. For the sake of the original poster, who seemed sincerely
concerned, the FUD needed called out.

-Allan