For Sale: 1992 Bridgestone XO-1, 55cm size, with custom CyclArt paint

Since I have only ridden it once in a decade, I am selling my 1992
Bridgestone XO-1. It's a size 55cm and was custom repainted by Cyclart
in the same "tusk" off-white with the pearlescent clear-coat as it
originally had ("Cat. 2" level paint job). At the same time, I had a
third set of bottle braze-ons added to the bottom of the top tube.
This bike is better than new, truly. Grant Petersen gave it to me in
1992, when I was sponsored by Bridgestone Cycles USA. I raced it in
the Triple Ironman in France and some other events, but quit riding it
about 1996. I had it repainted by CyclArt in about 1999 and only rode
it once after that. It's been taking space (indoors, always) ever
since.

Asking price: A minimum offer of $2500, plus $50 Fedex ground shipping
within the ConUSA. Free delivery to San Diego area, along the 405
corridor in LA, and perhaps the Bay Area next weekend. Payment
accepted in cash or via Paypal only.

If you would like to purchase, please state your firm, maximum offer.
I will entertain offers for 72 hours. Some preference will be given to
prospective buyers who can pick it up (La Jolla, CA) or to whom I can
deliver it right away. If I don't receive an acceptable offer, I will
list it on eBay.

Upgrades include:
- Chris King headset in "3-D Violet"
- Two sets of wheels: The original 26" which have been respoked and
hubs regreased, PLUS a set of custom 650c wheels with Ringlé hubs in
"3-D Violet" with matching nipples (28 hole front and 32 hole rear).
- 9-speed shifting: Dura-Ace down-tube shifters are mounted as bar-
ends, with 105 front derailleur and Ultegra rear derailleur and chain.
The whole drivetrain is unused.
- Tektro brakes of unknown type: allow sliding the brake pads up and
down six mm's to use either size wheels.
- Circa 1985 Dura Ace non-aero brake levers give ideal cable routing
with moustache bars.

Other parts include the original moustache bars, an American Classic
seat post, Concor Rolls Due saddle, and a 10cm one-of-a-kind Nitto
stem which GP gave me on a visit to Riv HQ.

This gorgeous XO-1 is totally ready to ride, except NO CRANKS, BB, or
pedals are included. I can throw in some used but good Utegra 9-speed
era cranks (170mm length) and BB if you want, but I'll have to check
and see if I have 52-tooth ring for them (the max size you can mount
on this bike, at least with the 105 front derailleur, due to the water
bottle braze-on location on the seat tube). Currently the cranks I can
include have 39/53 rings.

Many photos are at the link below, but please note that the bike for
sale is as described above, NOT exactly as seen in the photos. These
photos are from four years ago, when I had a few different parts
mounted on it. Also, I don't currently have any photos of the stock,
original, 26" wheels which are also included, but they have been
respoked and the hubs regreased by a professional wheel builder.

Just to be clear, this sale does NOT include the following which you
will see in the photos:

- Ritchey seat post and Brooks saddle (the buyer will receive a silver
American Classic seat post and black Concor Rolls Due saddle).
- Ritchey cranks, pedals and BB
- The Dura Ace front and rear derailleurs depicted (the bike is now
equippped with a 105 front and 9-speed Ultegra rear, which work much
better and are unused).
- The 26" wheels with black hubs and knobby tires shown in the last
seven photos (the bike includes the first set of wheels you see, with
the violet colored hubs, AND the original 26" wheels with no tires).
- Bottle cages are not included.

Photos here:
http://www.adventurecorps.com/forsale/xo/

Thanks for your interest!