Speaking of cold and flats:

I was riding the All-Rounder to work earlier this year, temperature in
the mid-20s (cold for Texas), dark.  I have not yet discovered the
Rivendell wind proof gloves and my fingers had gone completely
numb...then I noticed the rear end of the bike felt a bit "loose and
squirmy"...DOH!   I have about 1 mile to go on an 8 mile commute; I
leaned the bike against a chain-link fence and concluded that this was
a slow leak...time to do a "pump and pedal!"  I took off my gloves,
found the mini-pump (I don't use these anymore) and started pumping
like a mad man...the tire inflated at about the same rate as my hands
warmed up :-).  Turns out the tire would deflate at about the same
rate than my fingers would loose feeling...one more pump up session
and I was at work.

Worked out just fine in the end.

Angus