This is a question that probably only could be answered by members from the San
Francisco area, but here goes:

I'm planning on doing a multi-day ride north from downtown San Francisco,
across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then exploring Marin and Sonoma. For part of
my route, I plan to take Bolinas Ridge Fire Road from where it starts at
Bolinas Fairfax to where it ends near Olema and Sir Francis Drake.

I'm seeking opinions from those who have ridden the road. Will I be at all
unhappy if I ride this road with Jack Browns on a slightly loaded Rivendell,
like say, my Rambouillet?

('Cause I could go with the Atlantis 700x40's with some tread, but for the type
of ride the rest will be, it might be more fun on the Rambouillet with JB's.)

FYI: My current plan is to head up to Mill Valley, take Blithedale to Railroad
Grade, up to West Point Inn. Little break, followed  by ride down Old Stage to
Pantoll, take Pantoll up to Ridgecrest. Take Ridgecrest to Bolinas Ridge Fire
Road. Then Platform Bridge to Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Road. Spend the night in
Petaluma.

Day 2 not as planned out, but would probably take me up to Sonoma to hang out
up there. Then day 3 down Hwy 1.

Thanks for any input!
Jim