In this case it's more of a riding style than the bike.  As much as we
would like to ignore or minimize the speed difference weight and
equipment makes, it does exist.
Even if in most cases it's areodynamics.

1 2 or 3 mph average speed is nothing right? It could still add up to
15 percent if you averaged 20mph.  Now if that 20 mph is your max and
you're on the edge all the time then every mph is critical and
expensive and tough to obtain.    If you're riding with friends,
comuting etc and just rolling along you will gravitate to a speed by
feel and especially on flat ground the two bikes won't make much
difference. but the heavier bike would sustain speed a bit better with
momentum.   So if the effort or heartrate etc isn't part of the
equation do to plenty being in researve and it's a leisure ride /
comute.. those are the results I would expect.