There aren't a lot of organized rides that do the type of riding that we do on
these rides - mixed surface, taking advantage of the different models'
versatility.

It's interesting that within typical mainstream road-only group rides, the
distinctiveness of the bikes offered by different makers is less than the
distinctiveness of the various Rivendells that you will see on rbw-owners-bunch
rides. That distinctiveness of the different Rivendell models is complemented
by the variety in the other models and brands that attendees bring on these
rides (Nishikis and Treks and Schwinns, etc, all made to work in unique and
sometimes creative ways.)

These types of rides are enjoyable on suitable bikes from any maker. But the
key word is suitable. The fact that so many Rivendell models are suitable says
great things about the company.

-Jim W.