I assume you already know that raising the bars also brings them
closer to you as well as relieving strain on the wrists, arms, neck
and back.  I would also strongly recommend regular yoga routine.  You
can't stop the aging process but you can both slow it down and
ameliorate its impact.  Besides increasing your flexibility the yoga
will heighten your body awareness, which will make the rest of your
needs easier to perceive and respond to.
enjoy the ride.
michael