February's planned ride lets us get inland a bit, as well as giving the SD
crowd have a break from traveling (the price of living in paradise).  It's
shaping up to be a 50+ mile mixie, over mostly back roads and ~30% dirt
content guaranteed.  A chunk of climbing, so work on those intervals!  Hope
the North LA & Ventura crowd can make it down there!  We're going to try to
meet up @ 9:00 to get on the road by 9:30

A route map and some more specifics can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/socal_rivendell_bicycle_appreciation_society/discuss/72157625620817241/

As with all these rides, expect to meet some really great folks and put
faces to  names, as well as to see some beautiful areas of SoCal that you
probably have never been to!  All bikes are welcome, aluminum, bamboo and
crabon. Run what you brung!  Rain or shine, unless there's one of the recent
"decade" storms we've been having.  Otherwise fenders and wool should handle
it nicely.

--
Cheers,
David

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS