Another tire to possibly consider would be the Schwalbe Kojak.  The
wire beaded ones are more expensive than the Paselas but less
expensive than the JB and GB.  The casing seems strong but they still
have a supple ride.  The bike that I have them on is a tourer and I
would say that it sees milder roads than my commuter, but I have yet
to get a flat.  They even feel alright on grass, dirt, and gravel
(they are my favorite tire on limestone trails because their volume
allows them to have a smooth ride and the tread throws a minimal
amount of rock and dust) and will get you to where you need to go if
you are on pavement 80% of the time, as long as the other 20% isn't
too aggressive.