If I'm not mistaken the Somas are basically just rebranded Paselas or
T-serves. The tread is the same. I've completed brevets on JB Greens
and Blues, Panaracer T-Serves and Panaracer Paseals. The JB blues were
probably the worst of the bunch. Like someone else mentioned, they
feel dead. At first I liked them but after a while they just don't cut
it. This year I rode an Super Randonneur series (200, 300, 400, and
600k brevets) on one set of JB Greens with no flats. They're nice
tires. This year I'll use one of the Panaracer tires--T-Serve, Pasela
TG, or wire Pasela. The think about the T-serves is that they can be
purchased with a reflective strip and have a tougher sidewall so less
chance of sidewall failure. They're a nice rolling tire. I've done
multiple century rides on 700x35 T-serves.

--mike