I've been eyeballing low rider front racks.

For the first couple of years Rivendell sold the Nitto Campee with the
bolt on low riders, and had a simple low rider only with hoop in
development (Reader 15, page 13) but at some point decided to eschew
the low and go high. I wonder what made them see the high rider
religion?

I have a Carradice Limpet, the rackless, velcro and hop-mount bags,
but unfortunately I've just never come to love it. When I find a good
deal or trade on a rack, I  want to switch out the Limpet. I'm sure
with global economies and such $220 is the fair price for a Nitto
Campee, but that's not in the budget right now. VO says they have
something in development but can't discuss it's design or timing.